Press Releases, Advisories, Statements, Press Clips, and other materials dated before February 2007 may reflect that from 1989 until February 2007, Wild Fish Conservancy operated under the name Washington Trout.
Environmental Protection Agency & National Marine Fisheries Service Violating Endangered Species ActAug 25, 2015
- WFC sent a 60-day Notice of Intent to sue EPA and NMFS for violations of the ESA associated with the agencies’ evaluation of the harmful effects to threatened salmonids from commercial salmon farming in Puget Sound.
Jul 23, 2015
- WFC filed suit against the United States Fish and Wildlife Service, the United States Bureau of Reclamation, and NOAA Fisheries Service for violations of the Endangered Species Act and National Environmental Policy Act associated with the Leavenworth National Fish Hatchery.
Jul 21, 2015
- WFC and CELP sent a 60-day Notice of Intent to sue to the United States Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) and Daniel M. Ashe in his official capacity as the Director of FWS for violations of the Clean Water Act (CWA) associated with the Leavenworth National Fish Hatchery.
Extreme Water Temperatures & Low Flows in Pacific Northwest Rivers Creating Lethal Conditions for SalmonJul 13, 2015
- Groups urge states and NOAA to immediately implement emergency measures that would close all river reaches to all fishing, both recreational and commercial, that exceed 18°C (64.4°F), until water temperatures and flows return to more normal conditions.
Aug 12, 2015
- WDFW is currently accepting comments on your preferred Gene Bank Rivers for each region through August 31, 2015.
Jul 17, 2015
- WDFW is establishing a number of rivers in Puget Sound as wild steelhead management zones or “gene banks” to help address the hatchery problem.
May 29, 2015
- NOAA opts to develop an EIS to evaluate the effects of early winter steelhead hatchery programs on the survival and recovery of wild Puget Sound steelhead and chinook salmon.
May 07, 2015
- Victory for wild salmon as Federal Court strikes down aquaculture licence conditions