Press Releases, Advisories, Statements, Press Clips, and other materials dated before February 2007 may reflect that from 1989 until February 2007, Wild Fish Conservancy operated under the name Washington Trout.
Wild Fish Conservancy sues federal agencies for allowing harmful Atlantic salmon net pens in Puget SoundNov 04, 2015
- WFC filed legal action against EPA and NMFS for violations of the ESA associated with the agencies’ continued dismissal of the harmful effects to threatened salmonids from commercial Atlantic salmon farms in Puget Sound.
Wild Fish Conservancy, Center for Environmental Law & Policy file legal action to clean-up Leavenworth Hatchery water pollutionSep 29, 2015
- Wild Fish Conservancy and the Center for Environmental Law & Policy announced they filed legal action to compel the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service to clean-up the Leavenworth National Fish Hatchery now polluting Icicle Creek.
Environmental Protection Agency & National Marine Fisheries Service Violating Endangered Species ActAug 25, 2015
- WFC sent a 60-day Notice of Intent to sue EPA and NMFS for violations of the ESA associated with the agencies’ evaluation of the harmful effects to threatened salmonids from commercial salmon farming in Puget Sound.
Jul 23, 2015
- WFC filed suit against the United States Fish and Wildlife Service, the United States Bureau of Reclamation, and NOAA Fisheries Service for violations of the Endangered Species Act and National Environmental Policy Act associated with the Leavenworth National Fish Hatchery.
Nov 11, 2015
- Tell the Washington Department of Fish & Wildlife to adopt these regulations that better-protect Olympic Peninsula wild steelhead
Sep 24, 2015
- Letter sent detailing opposition to a proposed trap and truck project around dam on California's Yuba River
Aug 12, 2015
- WDFW is currently accepting comments on your preferred Gene Bank Rivers for each region through August 31, 2015.
Jul 17, 2015
- WDFW is establishing a number of rivers in Puget Sound as wild steelhead management zones or “gene banks” to help address the hatchery problem.